Lemongrass Chicken Banh Mi
Our stunning Citrus Lemongrass Sauce brings this banh mi to life. The lemongrass flavour is synomonous with Vietnamese cuisine. This sandwich has everything going on, meaty umami flavours, fragrant lemongrass and sharp pickled vegetables.
- 1 x Barra Gallega (BAG24)
- 40g Cucumber, shredded
- 60g Cooked Chicken, sliced
- 10g Rich Sauce Real Mayo (MAY18)
- 20g Chicken Liver Pâté (PAT26)
- 10g Sriracha Sauce (SCE180)
- 10g Citrus Lemongrass Sauce (SCE153)
- 3g Fresh Coriander
- 18g Carrot & Mouli Pickle (see below)
- 1g Fresh Mint
- Slice open the Barra and spread 20g of the pâté evenly on the bottom side.
- Mix the Sriracha Sauce with the mayo and spread on the top slice.
- Mix the sliced chicken with the Lemongrass sauce and place on top of the pate.
- Sprinkle the pickled vegetables over the chicken followed by the sliced cucumber and fresh herbs.
Pickled Carrot & Mouli
- 450g Mouli, finely shredded
- 180g Carrot, finely shredded
- 1tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 100g Caster Sugar + 2tsp
- 300ml Distilled White Vinegar
- 240ml Water
Mix the cut vegetables with 1tsp of salt and 2tsp caster sugar and set aside for 2 or 3 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together the remaining sugar, vinegar and water and warm until the sugar has dissolved. Wash off the vegetables and add to the pickling solution. The pickle is ready after 1 hour.