- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
For the purpose of data protection laws, SFD is the controller and responsible for your Personal Data.
It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during your relationship with us.
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified (“Personal Data”). Personal data may include, for example: first and last name; e-mail addresses; credit information; Business mobile / phone numbers, business address, position in company.
Personal Data does not include, without limitation, anonymous data (data where the identity has been removed) and aggregated information (i.e. information presented in summary or statistical form which does not contain data that would permit the identification of a specific individual without significant effort).
HOW WE COLLECT THE PERSONAL DATA
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Information you provide:
We may gather account information through the Websites.
When you visit the Websites, we may ask you for Personal Data so that we can provide you with the products, services, or information that you have requested, including credit and financial information required in order to open a business account with us. When you maintain a business account with us and transact business through the Websites, we will ask you for information necessary to process and complete transactions with us, including your name, delivery and billing addresses, e-mail address, and bank account, credit card or other payment-related information.
We may gather information provided by you in one or more other features of the Websites.
We may from time to time offer interactive or social aspects on the Websites. For example, if you choose to express an opinion in an online forum, respond to user polls, or enter any contests, we may ask you for Personal Data. If you request to sign up for newsletters or other promotional materials, or if you send an inquiry to one of our customer service representatives, we may store a record of your request along with any Personal Data allowing us to respond to your inquiry.
Information we collect:
We may maintain historical account information of our customers and suppliers.
Communications via our Websites.
We collect personal information when you provide it to us through communications via our Websites. This includes where you have contacted us through the channels listed on the “Contact Us” page on our Websites and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including for customer services support.
Goods or Services You Request.
Where you request goods or services from us, we will collect your personal information in order to process your request and otherwise contact you following a purchase. The type of information we may collect from you may include contact details (including name, address, email address, mobile/cell and telephone number).
We may gather information from the Websites by cookies and Internet monitoring technologies.
We may gather information from third parties or publicly available sources.
We may receive or obtain Personal Data about you from various third parties and public sources, including, without limitation:
- technical data from analytics providers, such as Google Analytics; and
- contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as Experian.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your Personal Data.
- to register you as a new customer;
- to process and deliver your order, including (a) manage payments, fees and charges; and (b) collect and recover money owed to us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we feel may interest you, as described in the “Marketing” section below;
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Websites, including for customer services support;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to enable us to issue a notice or corrective action to you in relation to any of our products or services, if required;
- to deliver relevant Websites content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you;
- to better understand how you interact with our Websites, including its functionality and features, and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- to use data analytics to improve our Websites, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Personal Data (identity, contact, technical, usage and profile data) to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will not share your Personal Data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase or other transactions.
- DISCLOSURES AND SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share Personal Data with third parties as described below:
- our selected commercial partners and sponsors where you have chosen to participate in surveys, opinion groups or other marketing-related initiatives relating to your use of our goods and services;
- a prospective seller or buyer in the event of a sale or purchase of any our business or assets so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and services;
- our service providers that we engage to provide services for us, including without limitation providers to us of IT, legal, accounting, audit, banking, finance, insurance and consultancy services. Where we provide your personal information to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal information confidential and secure, and must only use your personal information as instructed by us; and
- our customers, suppliers, business partners, or other service providers, including for marketing purposes, where you have chosen to share your personal information through various features and functionality provided via our Websites.
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please, however, note that the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet and any transmission is at your own risk.
- DATA RETENTION – HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data. You have the right to:
- request information regarding the Personal Data that we hold about you and the source(s) of that information. You can request a copy of any Personal Data we hold about you;
- request that we rectify any inaccuracies in relation to the Personal Data we hold;
- in some circumstances, request the erasure of your Personal Data or object to the processing of your data;
- object to any direct marketing;
- in some circumstances, request that your Personal Data be transferred to you or a new provider if the data is processed automatically;
- withdraw consent to us processing your Personal Data. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent; and
- lodge a complaint at any time with the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Any enquiries regarding the above rights or if you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Data Protection, Serious Food, 122 Malton Avenue, Slough Trading Estate, Slough, SL1 4DE.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
SFD (GB) Limited
21 August 2018