Our stunning Citrus Lemongrass Sauce brings this banh mi to life. The lemongrass flavour is synomonous with Vietnamese cuisine. This sandwich has everything going on, meaty umami flavours, fragrant lemongrass and sharp pickled vegetables.
Barra Gallega (BAG24)
Cooked Chicken, sliced
Rich Sauce Real Mayo (MAY18)
Chicken Liver Pâté (PAT26)
Sriracha Sauce (SCE180)
Citrus Lemongrass Sauce (SCE153)
Carrot & Mouli Pickle (see below)
Mouli, finely shredded
Carrot, finely shredded
Fine Sea Salt
Caster Sugar + 2tsp
Distilled White Vinegar
- Slice open the Barra and spread 20g of the pâté evenly on the bottom side.
- Mix the Sriracha Sauce with the mayo and spread on the top slice.
- Mix the sliced chicken with the Lemongrass sauce and place on top of the pate.
- Sprinkle the pickled vegetables over the chicken followed by the sliced cucumber and fresh herbs.
- Mix the cut vegetables with 1tsp of salt and 2tsp caster sugar and set aside for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining sugar, vinegar and water and warm until the sugar has dissolved.
- Wash off the vegetables and add to the pickling solution.
- The pickle is ready after 1 hour.