Slow Cooked Pork Shoulder marinated in Achiote, Orange Juice and Garlic.
Medium sized pork shoulder, skin removed;
Whole Bulb of Garlic, peeled
White Onions, peeled and roughly chopped
Achiote Paste (PAS203)
Cinnamon Stick, dry roasted (HSP011A)
Cumin Seeds, dry roasted (HS255)
Allspice, ground (HS274)
Cloves, dry roasted (HSP026)
Dried Ancho Chillies, dry roasted and soaked in hot water (CHL53)
Fresh Bay Leaves, chopped
Mexican Oregano (HS267)
Orange Juice (JCE018)
White Wine Vinegar (VIN63)
Olive Oil (OIL14A)
- Dry roast all the spices and grind to a powder.
- Blitz with all the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Coat the pork in the marinade, (reserving about 1/8th to use once the pork is cooked) and marinade for 24 hours.
- Slow cook the pork, covered with foil, until nice and tender.
- Remove from the oven and pull.
- Mix in the small amount of reserved marinade along with some of the cooking juices and keep warm until required.